SCRATCH OFF FOR INVISIBLE FRIEND

A few months ago I found a blog with a very curious craft. It was a homemade scratch off (like in some games or lotteries). I thought it would be fun to do a scratch off for the invisible friend game this Christmas. Invisible friend it’s a game some people do on Christmas, giving a present to a friend who don’t know who will make him the present. Some days or weeks before Christmas you have to choose a paper with the name of the person at whom you have to buy the present. So I did the scratch off last week and I think it was pretty good! We had a great time discovering our invisible friend.

This  is the blog where I saw the idea. There are all the instructions and materials in English. Anyway, I will tell you what I did.

I needed:

Red cardboard, printed text (the name of the persons who participate in the game), scissors, glue stick, sticky back plastic (contact paper), metallic acrylic paint (preferably silver) (I found mine in Tiger shops, but you will find it in many craft stores), and washing liquid.
If you visit the blog you can see materials and procedure. I did a variation, instead of the name of each person I put the photo. I added some drawings using Picmonkey (a website that is great for editing photos, very easy to use).

How I did it:

First I cut cardboard squares of about 6x6 cm. I stick the photos on the cardboard (size 5x5 cm each photo). I cover everything with paper cover books. I applied a mixture of paint with a few drops of dishwashing soap (this makes the paint leaves better when we scratch it). I did about three layers (do not put the next until the paint is completely dry).  



I dried each layer with a hair dryer. 



So it looks like this:





Do you like it? It's an entertaining job, but very original! My family loved it!

Good invisible friend to everyone!

Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...