TO MY PARENTS

Today I want to dedicate this song to my parents, that have been a few days with us, at our home, and to all the parents who, like them, love their children, who care for them, and do all that is possible and impossible to make them happy.


Dad, Mum, we miss you!





Oh, Dolors, take me to the dance
Today, when everyone is coming, today is when we have to go.
Oh, Dolors, I’ll come in the evening
With a honk of the horn and I’ll wait for you below.
And, Dolors, today, between the heads there will be no complicit glances,
Nor, Dolors, any absentminded finger that accidentally grazes a back.


Today, Dolors, I’ll beat out a rhythm with my hands
While you pull out your nth cocktail voucher.
Today, Dolors, suggest a theme to the singer
One that laughs at you and me and at this story which is ending.


Come, Dolors, today we’ll be big kids.
No nonsense, no being special.
One two three, one two three, cha cha cha
Heel-toe, heel-toe, and start over again.


And, Dolors, no one will expect a sweet scene in front of the gate.
Nor, Dolors, will any great truth be revealed when it all comes clear.


Today, Dolors, we’ll move our body to the rhythm
Of an accelerated drum, of a great bass line.
Today, Dolors, suggest a theme to the singer
One that laughs at you and me and at this story, which doesn’t matter any more.


One that defines us in three chords
One that explains us to posterity
One that’s deliberately a full stop, Dolors,
Dolors, one that seems like it could never end.
Dolors, one that seems like it could never end.
Dolors, one that seems like it could never end.




Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...